Wednesday, August 23, 2006

If only it were cooler...

This post was written a few weeks ago, but never posted because I accidentally deleted the pictures and didn't have time to redownload them that day. We did open the windows for a little while yesterday but now, it's not just raining, it's pouring. And old man Ernesto is definitely not snoring. (Ah. I crack myself up. )

Anyway, here you go:


Well, who's complaining? At least it's been in the mid-80s, instead of pushing 100, like a few weeks ago. And the humidity has been a lot lower lately.

But I am still anxiously awaiting the day when the temperatures drop below 80 so I can keep the new windows open on a regular basis. Cause they sure are a joy to use. I really can open them with one finger, unlike the old windows, which required a herd of Clydesdales and a whole lot of elbow grease to open.

OLD



NEW


I do kind of miss the panes in the old windows, but the sales specimens we saw had those panes and they looked very fake. Which they were. And also cheap. While the windows as a whole, without panes, did not look cheap. (Good thing. Since they weren't.) So we opted against the panes.

OLD




NEW


OLD



NEW



OLD



NEW



I am very proud of them. I think Al is, too. Although the old ones had character, they were almost all nonfunctional. These are very, very user-friendly and livable. And I've saved all the old windows, the cool ones with panes, to do something cool. I'm not sure just what, yet, but I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home