Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Urggh.

So we're having, once again, construction done on the house, because we -- uh, that is, probably, I -- can't leave well enough alone. But, hey, when you can't open some windows and others don't close all the way (leaving extra room for nicely chilled air to get out and nasty flies to get in), what can you do?

Have replacement windows installed.

We've mortgaged our children's college educations for this one, but hey. They'll just have to get scholarships. Because some of the windows are already in place and they are beautiful, beautiful things. They are straight, and they fit, and they're so clean I keep checking to see if they're really there, and they look already like they've been here forever, but they make the house look newer. Plastic surgery for a house. Who knew? Takes 20 years off, I swear.

As far as I can tell (these workers, unlike the last ones, don't talk much, which is just dandy with me, because the last ones talked for two extra days and then tried to charge us for all that labor), the only one left is the kitchen window. But it's a big job in itself. You'll see why, when the pictures are up.

After this? The foundation, which is currently trying to dig a hole to China. Now, that one, we'll have to spend our grandchildren's college education funds. Hope our kids don't mind.

The disadvantage to all of this is that there's not one place in the house today where there is any semblance of privacy, except the bathroom, and I'm not hanging out in there for hours on end. I feel quite restless trying to keep myself entertained while not actually doing anything.

1 Comments:

Blogger laurie said...

Urggh sounds about right. I am glad to har it is making such a diffrence tho! Ahh well if you need a break you can come hang out at my casa, nice and quiet here!

8/09/2006 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home